Sunday, August 26, 2012

Inactivity is an epic fail.

I have been very inactive here and was looking forward to updating this on a regular basis and I have epically failed in following that plan.

I have had a lot of things happen in just the past month or so and my life is in turmoil.  I have lost both my father and my best friend in just a two-week period.  Also, since I was living with my best friend my housing has quickly changed and I have had to find a place to live very quickly.

Stress has caused me to lose my job and I felt like I was at the end of my rope...that is until I got some news.

My brother, an agnostic for life, has also had a pile of problems himself.  He was with my friend when he passed away and it shook him to his core.  This was also after my father passed and the stress that he has had dealing with all of that.  He reached out to some friends he has and found comfort in members of the church.  Bishop Geoff Miller and my brother became very close friends and my brother finally decided to go to church.  That one sparkle has outshined all the horror I have had in my life and I am elated that he found the church.  He has already started meeting with the missionaries and it has forced me to look at my own church life.

I have been inactive and it has not been a good feeling.  I feel like I am missing something and that I am fleeting from God.  At this time I need him more than ever and I realize this.  I have finally picked up my own quad and started re-reading the Bible and Book of Mormon.  I am hoping this focus helps me to follow a path which I know I need to follow.

Well, I hope to keep up more with this blog so feel free to look around and follow me.  Hopefully I will have more to say as I study the scriptures and find my way back into church.

No comments:

Post a Comment