Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Power of Prayer

Ok so this will be a real quick post today but it has a strong message to go along with it.

The past few days I have been starting to pray again.  I do not get on my knees to pray, I just lay bcd in bed and pray right before I'm about to go to bed.  Like I said, I've just started it again but have had some success with it and thought I'd share.

I suffer from severe bouts of insomnia.  I do not take prescription medications because most of this become habit forming and that will do me no good.  So I take an over the counter medication from a local drug store.  It's non habit forming and is only one pill which is better than the other I was taking which was two pills a day.

I give you that information to give you this information.  The drug sometimes doesn't work.  My mind races at night and I think about everything and nothing at all.  I finally looked to prayer as a possible answer and really hoped it would work.  My prayer has basically been the same, what I ask for is help to go to sleep and to wake up somewhat early.

My prayers have been partially answered and I have been able to relax my mind enough, which I've never been able to do easily, and get to sleep early.  The waking is still difficult but what I wan to do is to not use the medication I use and just pray for the help.

Hopefully this will help me as I know the prayer has helped me get to sleep a lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment